Porth-en-Alls is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your personal data. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal data will be treated as you make full use of our services and our website.
1. Who are ‘We’?
In this policy, the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ refer to Porth-en-Alls who is the data controller, data processor or both data controller and data processor of your personal data that We collect from you from time to time.
It’s really important to Us that you trust Us with your personal data so We want to make sure that you understand what personal data We hold about you and how We collect, store and process it.
We will use your personal data in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you are not happy with the way that We are using your personal data, please do not provide us with your personal data (We have set out more information on how We collect your personal data below). If you have any questions about this policy, or what We do with your personal data, please contact Us using the contact details below.
You can contact Us about this policy at email@example.com or write to us at Porth-en-Alls, Prussia Cove, Penzance, Cornwall, TR20 9BA
2. What is personal data?
Personal data is information about you that can help Us identify you. The personal data that we collect about you include your name, address, phone number or email address, payment details, your family members(including ages of children), details about your previous stays .
There are also special categories of personal data that are treated by law as being particularly sensitive. We will not collect special categories of data e.g your racial or ethnic origin, your religious beliefs or information related to your health unless wheelchair access is required and in this case we will only use the health information to ensure that your accommodation is suitable for you.
3. What personal data do We collect about you?
The nature and the type of personal data we collect will depend on why you are giving it to Us.
We collect personal data about you when you;
- Enquire about availability and wish to make a reservation or be added to Our Requests/Availability List
- sign up for Our newsletter. We collect information such as your name and email address and may record your ‘click throughs’ on the newsletter emails that we send to you;
- voluntarily provide Us with your personal data whilst completing surveys, signing up for events, or providing feedback. We collect information such as your name, email address, postal address and any additional comments or information you give to Us.
- We may automatically collect your information such as your website visits, the pages you visit and what links you click on
If any of your personal data changes, or you believe that any of the personal data that We hold is incorrect, please let Us know by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org and We will ensure that the Personal Data is up to date. We may also contact You from time to time to verify that Your Personal Data is up to date.
4. What do We use your personal data for?
When processing your personal data, We will only do so in relation to very limited specific purposes
We will process the personal data that you provide to us in the following ways for the purpose of (and on the basis of) our performance of our contractual obligations to you:
- To deal with any enquiries that you may have
- To alert you of a suitable vacancy following an enquiry that you have made
- To send a brochure or other information that you have requested
- To provide you with the services that you have requested or purchased from Us, such as administering your booking, taking payment and providing you with your holiday To administer your request to attend any of our events, such as a wedding, artistic retreat or festival or conference or art exhibition
- In order to verify your identity (i.e. to confirm that you are who you say you are), such as verifying your eligibility for access to an age restricted event
- To provide you with our marketing (unless you tell us not to)
- To help us improve our services and website
We will process your personal data in order to fulfil any contracts with you, for example:
- To administer your holiday booking, process your payment and provide you with your holiday and any other requested services
- To book your ticket for one of our events
We will process the personal data that you provide to us in the following ways based on our “legitimate interests” as a business:
- In order to improve the services We provide to You and your experience when you come to visit Us (by knowing a little bit about you We are able to deliver a better service to you);
- To create a basic profile about you to ensure Our communications to You are relevant and timely, and to provide you with an improved experience when using Our services
- To provide your personal data to Our insurers from time to time.
If you do not wish your information to be screened or if you wish to view or edit any profile that we have created about you, please let Us know, either by email to email@example.com, by post to Peter Tunstall-Behrens, or by telephoning 01736 762014.
We will only retain such profiles for as long as it is appropriate to do so and will always delete this data responsibly in line with Our Data Retention Policy.
- To respond to any queries that you ask Us;
- Helping Us identify and fix defects or errors in Our sites, system or services; or
- To carry out research in relation to your participation in any of Our events that you have attended in order to measure satisfaction, evaluate the success of Our event or to troubleshoot any issues.
We will process the personal data that you provide to us in the following ways in order to comply with Our legal obligations:
- To ensure that Our sites are kept secure and to prevent crime;
- For the purposes of identifying and preventing fraud; and
- To comply with statutory or regulatory requirements, such as reporting requirements Health and Safety Law.
We will also process your personal data where you have given your consent to us doing so, for example:
- when you have asked to receive Our bi annual newsletter
- When you have asked to receive our ‘First Refusal Priority Booking’ letter
- When you have asked to receive information about Our upcoming events.
- When you have asked to be informed of relevant availability
Where We are relying on consent to process your personal data, We will only process your personal data for the purpose that you have given Us consent for. If you would like to receive these communications but have not opted in please contact Us on 01736 762014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your preferred channel to receive correspondence from us.
We may occasionally contact you where you have stayed with Us in the past and We want to tell you about a similar available space/cottage/event; where We do so We will provide you with an opportunity to “opt-out” of such communications.
5. Who do We share your personal data with?
We share your personal information with our carefully selected third party suppliers. We use the following companies:
- Microsoft (provider of Office 365)
- Derek Skuse Book Keeping
However, it may be necessary to provide your personal data to third parties who may process your data as part of the services they carry out on your behalf. In order to provide you with the services that you have requested via Us, the following third parties may also need to process your personal data:
- A. third party who you engaged on your behalf to provide the products or the services that you have agreed to purchase, for example, fulfilment, courier companies (e.g. if you have given our address as your delivery destination to be forwarded to your house/cottage/pitch), or Royal Mail
- B. any statutory, governmental or regulatory body that requests the personal data and that We are obliged (by law or by regulation) to provide;
Please be aware that advertisers or web sites that have links on Our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those web sites.
As Our requirements change, We may need to change the third parties that process your personal data to meet those requirements.
We do not sell or rent your personal data to anyone, We will never provide your personal data to another company or charity for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
6. How do We protect your personal data?
We will always do Our best to keep your personal data secure. Steps We take in order to do this include the use of technical controls (such as encryption and network protection), limiting the number of people working for Us who have access to your data and ensuring that they are trained in protecting your personal data.
Where We use external suppliers to process your personal data, We put contracts in place to make sure that they treat it as carefully as We would and use it only in accordance with the instructions that We give to them. Where these suppliers operate outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), We will make sure that the levels of protection provided are at least equal to those required by UK law.
7. Retention of your personal data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as specified in our data retention policy. In considering how long to retain your data we will always take into account factors such as any ongoing obligations We have to You, the nature of Our relationship with You, legal requirements (e.g. in relation to HMRC statutory retention periods) and contractual requirements. We will not keep Your data indefinitely and will always dispose of it carefully when it is no longer necessary for Us to retain it, in line with defined schedules in Our Data Retention Policy.
8. Your Rights – What are the choices available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your personal data?
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal data and Our use of it. You have the right:
- A. to ask Us not to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- B. to ask to see what personal data We hold about You and to find out about the way that We process the data (and in some circumstances, You can ask Us to provide a copy to a third party);
- C. to ask Us to correct or update any personal data which is inaccurate;
- D. to ask for personal data to be deleted in some (but not all) circumstances where there is no good reason for Us to continue to process it;
- E. to ask Us to temporarily stop using your data if You don’t believe that We have a right to use it, or to stop Us from using your personal data where there is no good reason for Us to continue to use it; and
- F. not to be subject to decisions made solely on the basis of ‘automated processing’ (i.e. the right not to be subject to decisions made solely by algorithms or computers without input from a human) in certain circumstances.
Your Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you are unhappy with the way We have dealt with your personal data or if you have any further questions about how We process and retain personal data please contact Us in the first instance at email@example.com, or by writing to Peter Tunstall-Behrens, Porth-en-Alls, Prussia Cove, Penzance, Cornwall, TR20 9BA, so that We can try to put this right.
If you are still not satisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information on how to do this is available on the ICO website.
9. Changing this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If We make any significant changes to this policy that impacts the way in which your personal data is treated, We will post the changes on this page or, where We feel that the changes are really significant, We may contact you directly. Changes will apply from the time We post them (either here on Our website or when We contact you). This policy was last changed on 3 May 2018.
10. How can you access, update or delete your personal data?
In addition to the click options throughout this policy, You may change or update any or all of the personal data that We hold about you by contacting Peter Tunstall-Behrens at firstname.lastname@example.org