Camping at Prussia Cove
With only 12 generous pitches for camping around the hedge of a two acre field, it isn’t too noisy and there is plenty of room for playing in the middle. The sea and Lizard peninsula is the view to the south-east, just along the Cornish coast.
The simple facilities comprise two loos and two showers in the ladies and the same in the gents. Beside these are a line of four Belfast sinks with hot and cold water for washing up etc. Hot water is included in the daily fee but visitors are asked to be economical and turn off the taps. There is a large brick built pizza oven for anyone or a group who would like to use it. A freezer is available for ice packs. The sea is less than ten minutes walk down the drive.
Pitches are roughly 9m x 9m.
A family pitch includes up to four people in either one campervan or one caravan & one car or one family tent & one car
Has optional use of electric hook-up (no hard standing)
One 2-man tent, one car and a max of two people
Campsite Charges and Extras
|2022||Standard Pitch||Serviced Pitch||2-man Tent||One Dog||Extra Person||Extra Car / Trailer (by prior agreement only)|
|1st April - 15th July||£23||£30||£18||£5||£9||£2|
|15th July - 31st August||£40||£45||£40||£8||£10||£4|
|1st September - 31st October||£23||£30||£18||£5||£9||£2|
Can we have a firepit?
Suspended ‘firepits’ are fine but please don’t dig into the ground. Some scorching of the grass is acceptable. Building a fire on the ground is not allowed
Can we transport kayaks and canoes etc. to the beach by car?
Regrettably, owing to the very limited space for cars near the water’s edge, this is not possible. But it isn’t far to carry them
What do we do with all our rubbish and recycling?
Good question! Try and keep your general waste to a minimum and separate it in the containers provided. It is expensive and time consuming to deal with so please do your very best to help
Can we bring a dog?
Yes, but please only one and be very considerate as dogs can cause quite a lot of annoyance to others
How far is the nearest pub?
About a mile and a half up the road to The Packet which has good outside space at the back and serves excellent food
Please contact the office to check availability before completing this pitch form.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Pitch Options –
A family pitch includes up to four people in either one campervan or one caravan & one car or one family tent & one car. If you do not fit one of these three options please discuss before booking.
- Strictly no horse boxes
- A family pitch is required for any tent larger than a two person tent
- A two person tent pitch includes one two man tent, one car and up to two people
- If you have trailers, gazebos, any additional shelter etc please check on booking.
- BOOKINGS should be on the official signed booking form and will be confirmed, subject to availability, when a deposit of one half of the rent is received.
- FINAL PAYMENT. On confirmation of a booking the applicant is liable for the payment of the balance of rent and any other payments due, no less than one month before your arrival.
- METHOD OF PAYMENT. Payment must be in £ sterling and may be made by cheque, bank transfer or cash. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Porth-en-Alls’ and BACS transfers should be made to: 30-96-56 a/c 31322868 (please add your surname followed by ‘CMP’ as a ref.)
- ANYTHING LARGER THAN A TWO MAN TENT constitutes a Family Tent.
- LIABILITY. It is understood by the tenant that Porth-en-Alls enjoys a coastal location and great care must be taken by tenants when walking the unfenced paths and over rocks. Tenants should be aware of the tide when using the beaches and swimming in the sea which, although considered ‘safe bathing’ can, of course, be dangerous.
- FIRES & FIREWOOD. Please do not damage the grass! On no account is scavenging in the woods permitted. Please keep to public footpaths at all times. Do not throw charcoal waste into the hedges.
- DOGS. Dogs must be kept on leads within the field at all times. Please control your dogs at all times and clear up after them or we will be cross! If you have more than two dogs please contact the office.
- CANCELLATION. Should you have to cancel your booking any monies paid may not be refunded. Poor weather is not considered a fair reason to cancel!
- ACCESS. Because there is no space for parking or stopping down the drive, reaching the beaches is by foot only. Inflatables, kayaks, diving gear etc. must be carried and may not be delivered by car at any time. Cycling down the drive is not permitted. Also, short cuts across the fields to Piskies etc. are not allowed as it is farmland only and misleads the general public.
- RECYCLING. Rubbish that can be recycled (glass, plastic, cans, paper & card) must be taken to the nearest recycling centre if possible
- CARS. One car per pitch unless booked by prior arrangement. All cars should be parked within your pitch please, away from the central playing area. Please do not park behind your tent/caravan towards the play area as you will be asked to move your vehicle. Any visitors should park in the public car park.
- EVENT TENTS & GAZEBOS. Please contact us if you are looking to bring an event tent / large awning.
- RECYCLING. Do your bit as you would at home! Please be sure to take all your newspapers, cardboard, cans, plastic bottles and glass bottles to the nearest recycling centre.
- RUBBISH. Please do not leave anything other than your rubbish, i.e. no dumping of tents, wind breaks, boogie boards etc. Try to reduce packaging when buying supplies
- THE PORTH-EN-ALLS OFFICE is at Porth-en-Alls, Prussia Cove, Penzance, Cornwall, TR20 9BA