Booking Terms & Conditions
- BOOKINGS should be on the official booking form and will be confirmed, subject to availability, when a deposit of one half of the booking fee is received. Provisional bookings will be held for a fortnight only. In the event of the booking not being accepted, all monies paid will be refunded immediately.
- FINAL PAYMENT. On confirmation of a booking the applicant is liable for the payment of the balance of booking fee and any other payments due, not less than four weeks before the start of the holiday. Applicants residing abroad are requested to send the final payment not less than 5 weeks in advance, see METHOD OF PAYMENT below.
- METHOD OF PAYMENT. Payment must be in £ sterling and may be made by cheque, bank transfer or cash only. Cheques or postal orders should be made payable to “Porth-en-Alls”. Post-dated cheques are not acceptable. Please send cash by registered letter. If payment is made from a foreign bank, a charge will be made to cover the cost of any additional bank charges arising as a result.
- REPEAT BOOKINGS. Priority will usually be given to guests who are repeating their previous year’s booking or request a
holiday of two or more weeks.
- NUMBERS. Excluding babies in cots, the number of people sleeping in the property and its grounds must never exceed the number shown as the maximum on the price list at any time. Extra persons, where space will allow, can only be accommodated by requesting a camp bed and bedding, which will be provided for the amount shown under Additional Extra Services on the scale of charges. Any breach of this condition will result in the party being asked to leave.
- DURATION AND TIMES OF OCCUPATION. During the season bookings are normally from Friday to Friday and commence no earlier than 4 pm on the day of arrival and end no later than 10 am on the day of departure. Any exceptions must be made by prior arrangement with the management.
- LINEN. Unless hiring from us, guests should bring their own bed sheets and pillowslips, towels, table cloths and drying up cloths. There is a limited amount of estate laundry available for hire (see Additional Extra Services). Please indicate requirements overleaf.
- PETS. Pets are permitted only under the following conditions:
(a) Animals must not be allowed on beds or furniture and should have their own bedding and eating bowls.
(b) Dogs must not be allowed to roam at will nor left unattended inside. They must be accompanied and under control at all times whilst outside and in particular they must not be permitted to foul lawns and areas used by other guests and children at play.
(c) They should be kept away from farm animals.
- THE BOOKING confers upon the guests the right to occupy for a holiday within the meaning of Section 9 of the Rent Act 1977 only. The rights granted under this agreement, including rights of occupation and rights of access over the estate roads, are personal to the guest(s) and the named parties residing in the accommodation under this agreement, and may not be transferred to or exercised by any other persons, including for the avoidance of doubt any persons visiting the guest(s), who will be required to park their vehicles in the public car park at the entrance to the estate and to walk from there to the accommodation. The management reserves the right to prevent any unauthorised persons from gaining access to the accommodation over the estate roads by vehicle
- THE GUEST AGREES:
(a) To pay for all fuel charges incurred during the holiday, before departure.
(b) To take great care of the property and its contents and leave them in a clean and tidy condition. Unreasonable amounts of cleaning, breakages and damages must be paid for.
(c) To permit the owner or agents reasonable access to property.
(d) Not to part with possession of the property, nor share it except as previously agreed with the owner or his agents.
(e) That the owner or agent is not responsible for any loss or for any damage to anything belonging to a member of the party.
(a) It is understood by the guest(s) that Porth-en-Alls enjoys a coastal location and great care must be taken when walking the unfenced paths and over rocks. All guests should be aware of the tide when using the beaches and swimming in the sea which, although considered ‘safe bathing’ can, of course, be dangerous.
(b) Great care should be taken when reaching Kenneggy beach which is via Coules’ cove only.
(c) While the landlord has taken all reasonable steps to ensure safety in the accommodation provided, the guests accept that the original architecture of windows, stairs and low doors/ceilings etc may not necessarily meet the requirements of modern building regulations and the onus is on the guests to take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the members of his party.
(d) For the avoidance of doubt guest(s) will exercise the right to moor at your own risk. We exclude liability for any damage caused to your vessel whilst it is moored on our property
- CANCELLATION. Should you have to cancel, the full booking fee remains payable if the accommodation is not re-let. However, as a matter of course, every endeavour to re-let the property will be made but the right is reserved to charge an administration fee of 10% of the charge plus VAT. Most insurance companies will quote for cancellation insurance.
- NON AVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY. If for any reason beyond the owners’ control (e.g. fire damage) the property is not available on the date booked, every effort will be made to find acceptable alternative accommodation. In the event that this is not possible all charges paid in advance by the applicant will be refunded in full but the applicant shall have no further claim against the owner or his agents.
- V.A.T. Porth-en-Alls registration number is 212 7621 37.
- THE PORTH-EN-ALLS OFFICE is at Trenalls, Prussia Cove, Penzance, TR20 9BA.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE A BOOKING ANY TIME THAT THESE CONDITIONS ARE NOT KEPT IN FULL.